Nanocomposites with lanthanide's ions:
Structure - proprieties relationships
PROJECT MANAGER: dr. Tiseanu Carmen
PROJECT DURATION: 2006 - 2008
PROJECT LEADER: NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR LASERS PLASMA AND RADIATION PHYSICS
1. UNIVERSITY OF BUCHAREST (Prof. V. I. Parvulescu)
2. UNIVERSITY OF BABES-BOLYAI CLUJ (Prof. S. Simon)
3. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MATERIALS PHYSICS (Dr. A. Manea)
Nanocomposites with lanthanides represent hot research topics worldwide as they offer the possibility of fine tuning the optical response by controlling lanthanides- host interactions at a nanometer scale. While the coordination chemistry of lanthanides is well-known and several synthesis methods of the lanthanides based nanocomposites are currently applied or developed, a number of issues related to the basic mechanisms of luminescence still need to be solved. Therefore, the broad objective of the project was to investigate the complex interactions arising between the organic ligand, inorganic host and the luminescent ions as well as their control to get the desired luminescence properties. A number of structural investigation methods were considered such as FT-IR, XRD, NMR, ESR, XPS and optical spectroscopies. The results concern (1) synthesis of four novel types of nanocomposites with emission spanning a broad spectral domain, from VIS to NIR and lifetimes varying form several µs to ms and (2) in-depth investigation and modeling of the excited state dynamics and distribution of the lanthanides in nanocomposites.
Articles published in ISI Journals
10. Tiseanu C. and Lórenz-Fonfría, V.A., “Time-resolved photoluminescence spectra, lifetime distributions and decay-associated spectra of lanthanides exchanged microporous- mesoporous materials,” J. Nanosci. Nanotech. 10 (4), 2803-2810 (2010).
9. Tiseanu C., Parvulescu, V.I., Paun, C. and Dobroiu, S., “Optical properties of Nd3+ doped ionic liquid immobilized on mesoporous silica support,” J. Nanosci. Nanotech. 10 (4), 2921-2925 (2010).
8. Tiseanu C., Parvulescu, V.I., Kumke, M. and Martens, J., “Species-related luminescence-structure relationships in europium-exchanged mesoporous material,” J. Appl. Phys. 105 (6), 063521 (2009).
7. Tiseanu C., Parvulescu V.I., Kumke, M., Gessner, A. and Simion, S., “Effects of the support and ligand on the photoluminescence properties of siliceous grafted europium complexes,” J. Phys. Chem. C 113 (14), 5784–5791 (2009).
6. Tiseanu, C., Lórenz-Fonfría, V.A., Gessner, A., Kumke, M.U.and Gagea, B. “Comparative luminescence study of terbium-exchanged zeolites silylated with alkoxysilanes,” J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 20 (Supplement 1), 312-316 (2009).
5. Tiseanu, C., Lórenz-Fonfría, V.A., Gessner, A., Kumke, M.U.and Gagea, B., “Comparative luminescence study of terbium-exchanged zeolites silylated with alkoxysilanes,” J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. vol. 20, Supplement 1, 312-316 (2009).
4. Tiseanu, C., Parvulescu, V.I., Geßner, A., Kumke, M.U., Gagea, B., and Martens, J. “Europium(3+) - an efficient luminescence probe for the Si to Al ratio and silylation effects in microporous-mesoporous Zeogrid materials,” J. Phys. Chem. B 112 (34), 10552-10562 (2008).
3. Tiseanu, C., Lorenz- Fonfria, V.A., Gessner, A., Kumke, M. and Parvulescu, V.I., “Photoluminescence study of terbium-exchanged USY zeolites: Number of species, luminescence decays and decay-associated spectra,“ J. Appl. Phys. 104(1-9), 033530 (2008).
2. Tiseanu, C., Gessner, A., Kumke, M., Gagea, B., Parvulescu, V.I. and Martens, J., “Photoluminescence spectra and dynamics of lanthanide-doped microporous-mesoporous materials,” J. Lumin. 128 (5-6), 751-753 (2008).
1. Tiseanu, C., Geßner, A. and Kumke, M.U., “Dehydration and rehydration effects on the photoluminescence properties of terbium-exchanged MFI-type materials,” J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 354 (18), 1969-1975 (2008).
11. C. Tiseanu, V. I. Parvulescu, A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke
Siliceous grafted Eu3+- and Tb3+ complexes: structural characterization and luminescence properties
“the 15th International Conference on Luminescence and Optical Spectroscopy of Condensed Matter (ICL’08)”, Lyon, Franta, 7-11 iulie, 2008.
10. C. Tiseanu, V.A.Lorenz-Fonfria
Species-related luminescence-structure relationships in Eu3+-exchanged microporous-mesoporous material
“the 2nd International Conference on Advanced Nano Materials (ANM 2008)” Aveiro, Portugalia, 22-25 iunie, 2008.
9. C. Tiseanu, V. I. Parvulescu, C. Paun, S. Dobre, A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke
Luminescence properties of Eu3+, Tb3+ and Nd3+ doped ionic liquids immobilized on mesoporous silica supports
“ 2nd International Conference on Advanced Nano Materials (ANM 2008)”, Aveiro, Portugalia, 22-25 iunie, 2008.
8. C. Tiseanu, V. Parvulescu, A. Achim, E. Cotoi
Species-related luminescence-structure relationships in europium-exchanged mesoporous materials
“The 9th International Balkan Workshop on Applied Physics”, Constanta, Romania, 7- 9 iulie, 2008.
7. C. Tiseanu, A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke, B. Gagea, V. I. Parvulescu, J. Martens
Luminescence spectra and dynamics of lanthanides doped microporous- mesoporous materials
“the 16th International Conference on Dynamical Processes in Excited States of Solids”, Segovia, Spania, 17-22 iunie, 2007.
6. C. Tiseanu, V. A. Lorenz-Fonfria, A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke
Comparative study of terbium-exchanged zeolites functionalized with alkoxysilanes
“the International Conference on Optical, Optoelectronic and Photonic Materials and Applications”, Londra, Anglia, 30 iulie-03 august, 2007.
5. A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke, C. Tiseanu,
Luminescence properties of lanthanide’s doped MFI-type materials
Comunicare prezentata la “the Bunsen Conference”, Graz, Austria, 17-19 may, 2007.
4. A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke, C. Tiseanu
Luminescence properties of lanthanide’s doped MFI-type materials
“ICP2007 — XXIII International Conference on Photochemistry”, Koln, Germania, 29 iulie - 3 august 2007.
3. C. Tiseanu, S. Georgescu, Al. Achim, E. Cotoi, O. Toma, A.M. Voiculescu, A. Leca,
Photoluminescence properties of lanthanide’s-exchanged silicon/phosphate materials
“The 8th International Balkan Workshop on Applied Physics”, Constanta, Romania, 5-7 iulie, 2007.
2. C. Tiseanu, A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke, B. Gagea, V. I. Parvulescu, J. Martens
Comparative time-resolved luminescence studies of Tb-ZSM-5 and Tb-MFI mesoporous materials
“The 5th International Mesostructured Materials Symposium (IMMS 2006)”, Shanghai, R.P. China, 5-7 august, 2006.
1. A. Gessner, M. U. Kumke, C. Tiseanu
Photoluminescence Response of Tb-Exchanged MFI-Type Materials
“Tage der Seltenen Erden”, Oldenburg, Germania, 11 noiembrie- 02 decembrie, 2006